Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Double Trouble

Somebody should congratulate me for being wretched.


This Monday began satisfyingly, but it seems like fate is playing a trick on me because it ended up repulsively.

I did not encounter any problems on my way to school and during my first class. But the professor in my second class gave us a bad news concerning our class schedule. She rescheduled it which made me despise her more. Our professor in third class was absent that day which made our vacant time longer that led to something. Our original vacant period every Monday is from 2:30pm to 4:00pm, since our professor for the 4:00pm to 5:30pm class wasn’t able to show up that day, our 1.5 hours idle time became 3 hours.

So, a classmate invited us for a drink before our last class. Well, I agreed to have just one bottle since I have a report for the last class. After a bottle was emptied and a message we got from a classmate that our professor had arrived, we went back to school. We finished our report in less than 15 minutes so the professor dismissed as a bit early which resulted for a second round. We got back to the place and resumed our drinking session.

We enjoyed discussing whatever stuff we land on to which was the reason why we got home late. I got to admit that I was pretty much over my head that night. I was oblivious on how I got home, believe it or not, safely. I’m not sure if I fell asleep on the trip, one thing remains certain I got home!

Still, I have a thesis to work on which was due on the next day.


Tuesday kicked off the other way around, from the moment I woke up till the time that I was out happened to be dreadfully atrocious. I have to thank the pleasant ambiance at our place that helped a bit in simmering down my temper.

I got up at exactly 5:18 in the morning having only about four hours of sleep. First thing I did, face the computer and open all the files that I need to work on for my, rather, our thesis. I don’t happen to be Super Girl I couldn’t finish it before 1:00pm so I messaged some of my somehow reliable group mates. Thank goodness that at least three of them were already awake that morning and were willing to partake in thesis writing. In a group, there are eight members; in our group, there are only four working members. So far, the other four members did contribute something, their full names only.

Cramming is really not healthy, but that’s how my group mates want to carry it out. I guess it is because they are more powered by adrenaline rush. They think that it’s just as easy as that. Oh, why am I blustering about it? I should be grateful that at least some of them helped.

There was something wrong with me. My brain wasn’t functioning well, hangover I assumed. I wanted to rest but I couldn’t since I have to accomplish the study’s first part .Funny thing, I was surprised that I have bruises in my arms, which I don’t have any idea how I got.

We somehow managed to make the first part of the study though it’s flawed, and were able to pass it.

My second class was bull crap. I was asked by the professor to recite about our assignment. One thing I hate to do - to recite. Rarely do I get the courage to raise my hand and recite. I do know the lesson, though not that much, but I’m not sure with my answers. And as I presumed, I gave them the wrong answers. Just my luck, no one wanted to help me with that.

The rescheduled class last Monday was placed on the 5:30pm to 8:30pm slot. The professor’s way of teaching and the length of the period were very lethargic. All of us were complaining but we can’t do anything about it.

The not-so-good body condition, plus the thesis, plus obstinate group mates, plus awful professors, equal to a very terrible mood for me.

I was trying to work on my mood but to no avail nothing worked. I drank a cup of coffee which wasn’t effective. Drowned myself in sound waves, music therapy wasn’t the solution for my mood. I went straight to SM after class to have a FrappĂ©, since I was very fortunate; they were already preparing to close the stall.
Good thing was that the ambiance at our place when I got home was quite good which someway helped in clearing my mind.



As of the moment, my mind isn't functioning well and it's almost four o'clock in the morning.

No comments: