Thursday, October 2, 2008

Antithesis

So what is the greatest burden for somebody who is about to finish college? The dreadful thesis!

Well, it wouldn’t suppose to be a burden to me since our paper wasn’t really complicated and that there are eight members per group. Again, eight people in a group. Too many individuals for a thesis, right? I believe there should be a division of labor among the members, and that each researcher should initiate in doing something for the project, and they should be making effort in doing the study.

BUT the problem is that they’re not exerting any effort, they always wait for someone (unfortunately, that someone happens to be me) to remind them that they are conducting a study, and they would only remember that they have a thesis when the day for submission of it comes! Isn’t that great?! These things simply define them as freaking free riders!

Another thing, we got the highest grade for defense, wherein I answered almost all of the panelists' queries.

My teacher way back high school once told us,
Know your Responsibilities and Set your Priorities.”
That was like seven or eight years ago, but it’s something that I’ll never forget. I live by it. And when it comes to this kind of situations, this is what I usually say.
I know that they already heard this line from me several times (this isn’t the first time we had to write a paper, and this isn’t the first time that I work with those people), but when will they be able to apply it? Are they really mulish?

*Sigh*

It’s 4:48AM, and I’m still working on our (or should I say my?) thesis, alone. Neither of them tried to help or offered to help. And I’m considering the idea of telling my adviser how cooperative my group mates are. Gosh, I really loathe them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sarap namang kulamin ng mga group mates mo! but the bigger challenge is to motivate them. that's what a leader does. if you can do that, life will be a breeze. :-)